Tuesday, June 3, 2008

It is finally summer

I know that it has been a long time since I posted my first post. It is finally summer and I am beginning to take some time to stop and smell the roses so to speak. This summer will be a busy one for me. I will be learning some new things in Web 2.0 as well as teaching alot of new things with Promethean and writing curriculum. So, I expect that I will begin to write more here over the next few weeks.

The spring was full of school and renovating my new townhome. I have not finished that yet and am still working on it but as I get rooms completed I will take some pictures and post them here. Alright - how does this apply to books being treasures? I have had to read quite alot to be able to do the plumbing and tiling as well as painting work that I have done. Yes, I know, all those years of watching This Old House have helped immensly but so does reading the This Old House magazine for hints as well. You will often find me with my head stuck in that particular magazine. I am also looking at lots of decorating books as well right now. Still more to do, but hopefully most of that will be done this summer. Right now I am trying to learn about gardening and taking care of a lawn. I have never really done that before and so this is a learning experience - such as water after the sun starts to set - it hurts the plants if you water in the hot part of the day. Plants are NOT like humans - they do NOT need a drink when they are hot.

The other thing that I will be doing this summer, which I already alluded to, is working on learning more about Web 2.0. I have started a fun thing called 23 Things - these are supposedly 23 new things to explore on the web - one of which is blogging. Ha! So I have explored the idea of life long learning, made some goals for myself, and learned a bit about the history of blogging. Now I am about to launch out into this new learning experience for the summer. I have dabbled in it with my students in the library a bit during the spring of the year - already played with animoto and making trading cards - but I hope to get a bit more in depth as the summer goes on. So, expect to hear a bit about some of the things I am doing and how I see them relating to education - especially in the library or classroom as I go forward. I will get back to talking about books every once in awhile as well.

So here I go diving in - I guess that is appropriate for an Olympic summer!

1 comment:

coco said...

Summer is going to just fly by with you doing 23 thing to explore on the web, working in the library, and remodeling a new home.
All three activities require different kinds of knowledge and skills. By the end of summer you will have used all 7 traits of being a highly successful person.

Good luck and I hope all your dreams comes true.