Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thing 8 - RSS

I think that I could come to love RSS. Currently there are still a limited amount of sites with the RSS feed link but I believe there will be more and more. This is another of those awesome timesaving devices.

I can se an immediate application to the morning news. If they had their own RSS site they could have it pull in the weather, person of the day, special quote, fun fact, and other bits of info to help round out the morning news. This would allow students to go to one place to get all of that info.

I can see librarians using it in several ways. One of course is the news. That is a given. But, we have the olympics coming this summer. What about a rss that was just about olympic news. I could make one for teachers in summer school who are using Olympics as a theme. How helpful it would be to have all that info coming to one spot.

I can see doing a search for other subjects and doing the same.

I suspect that as we begin to use it we will find more and more applications.

1 comment:

VWB said...

you don't need the little orange symbol to put a link in your reader. yu can add the url yourself in the reader...isn't it great how the reder helps getting thru everything!! one of my favorte things!