Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thing 7 - Google Stuff

Okay, I already loved Google but I found new reasons to love it. I knew about Google Earth but there is a new updated version that I am about to load - new and fresh. It is so very cool with all the new stuff. Google Earth has lots of classroom applications. For 1st grade when they are starting all the different countries, there are wonderful pictures on Google Earth as well as the 3d buildings which let you go and "see" the Eiffel Tower, London Bridge, Mt. St. Helens, etc. Then you get to 3rd and 5th grade landforms - that is a easy app to see. You just go somewhere on the map and let them find penisulas, islands, bays, etc. It is a great way to really see if the kids know the different landforms.

I also investigated Google Docs. I think they are extremely easy to work with. I think it would be easy to make that my library webpage rather than the one that I have currently or the one they are proposing. I want to spend more time exploring this one.

Lastly, I really liked the IGoogle page set up. It is extremely easy to use and lots of fun.

I can see so many ways to use this in the library. Of course, I always see ways to use things in the library. And I don't even have my library glasses on. Hmmmmmmm!

1 comment:

VWB said...

hummm...very interested in hearing how you see google docs as a library webpage...