Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Thing 11 - Library Thing

Okay, so I filllllllllled mine with all the Pride and Prejudice things that I have been messing about with and I know there are more that I will add but for right now it is just a start. I love P&P and the fan fiction that has grown up around it. I think that it has spawned a bunch of authors just out of enjoyment of writing and reading fan fiction.

Now, of course my mind begins to turn towards school and how to use this for school purposes. I would create a special account for school issues - and I think it would be neat if the teachers created an account for their classes. Then the kids could go in and post books they like, reviews, etc. Also, this would be a way for them to find out about other books that they might like. HOWEVER, if kids use this, it needs to be closely monitored because you do not know who they might be talking to. I think it is a way to find new books and things to read - but I have a real need to be aware of what they are doing on this site and not just let them go at it.

I think there are lots of uses for this information and it is a great "open" type of site - by that I mean that you can put it to use in many different ways. Just care needs to be taken.

No comments: