Friday, July 4, 2008

Thing 17 - Rollyo

Oh boy, well I feel like my head is about to explode!!!! This is a cool way to make list of websites for kids to search. If a teacher has a subject that she wants the kids to look information up for - I could make a rollyo and give them the link. This way, I know that the sites are valid and have good information. And, on top of that, I would be able to make sure they are safe. I think that this would also be a neat way for teachers that are interested in staying up with the latest information in a certain area to have a quick review of some of the most relevant sites.

I also wanted to add - I think this would be great for students in high school as they were beginning to apply to colleges. They could put the college sites on a rollyo and then they could go in and do a search for something like - financial aid - info from all the sites would pop up. This would make getting the info much faster than going to each site and searching. Or if you were getting ready to buy a car and were doing the research first this would be a helpful thing to have. I do not see elementary students using this much - but by jr. high or high school I can see the students begin to make rollyos for themselves. In elementary it would be the teacher or librarian that is making the rollyo for the students to use.



We were asked to make a rollyo and then post the link here. However, because I did not publish mine - I could not really leave a link. However, I can give a picture.









So, like yeah, what did you think I would do it about - Pride and Prejudice fan fiction, OF COURSE. This is summer - time to relish my favorite things.

Okay, I am going to rest my brain for the rest of today.

No comments: